Good morning! Here is a list of community activities and resources that may be of interest to you:
- The Central High School Cultural and Educational Complex (off of Dogtown Rd in Goochland) is hosting a Youth Paint Night class on 10/15/18 for children ages 5-15! Come and bring a friend! For more information contact Central High Cultural & Educational Complex at (804) 657-2086.
- The Autism Society of Central VA is offering a 3-part transition workshop for parents of students with autism. Topics will include disability benefits planning, employment, housing and residential supports, and adult life in the community. The workshop will take place in November. You can register through this link.
- The Byrd Theatre is offering a sensory friendly viewing of the Incredibles 2 on October 20th at 2:00. Tickets are just $3 each. See flyer for more information.
- The VCU ACE-IT in College Open House has been rescheduled for November 10, 2018. Mark your calendars to learn more about this inclusive college certificate program for young adults with intellectual disabilities in the Greater Richmond area. To RSVP for the Open House, please mark your calendars and complete the Open House RSVP. Additional questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parenting the Love and Logic Way classes start on 10/23! These classes are free for parents and offer 3, 2-hour interactive workshops on 10/23, 11/6, and 11/13. Please see flyer for additional details.
Lastly, if you have time, take a look at our annual instructional report. You should have received a copy of this report in the mail (if you’re a resident of Goochland County). This comprehensive report highlights so many of our successes with Goochland Schools!
I hope you all have a great weekend! Stay dry in this potentially wet weather!