Good afternoon! Please see below for a list of community events and resources:
- PEATC is hosting a webinar for parents of young children with disabilities or developmental delays. The workshop discusses the transition from early intervention services (birth to age 2) to early childhood special education services (ages 3-5). Please see this flyer for more information.
- The Virginia Department of Education and PEATC are cohosting a Dad Power! workshop that’s designed to provide outreach and support to fathers or male guardians raising children. The first workshop will be held on 4/27 in Richmond. Please see this flyer for more information.
- The Autism Society of Central Virginia will be hosting “Preparing Middle and High Schoolers with ASD for College” workshops on 4/12. These workshops are free. For more details and to register, click on this link.
- Researchers at VCU are recruiting parents to participate in a study that looks at family strengths and needs associated with raising a child with autism. Here’s a link to the survey and study information sheet.
- Mary Baldwin University is seeking individuals aged 18 and over to participate in a research study that examines the occurrences of bullying towards students with autism. Click here for more information.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!